This perfect main course meal for Rosh Hashanah really couldn’t be simpler, while still having a holiday-themed twist with the inclusion of honey and glazed apples on the side. Your guests are going to wish to come back over soon.
- 4 chicken breasts (skin-on, bone-in)
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, Dijon mustard, olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and arrange the apple slices around them.
- Pour the honey mustard mixture over the chicken and apples, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the glaze is caramelized.
- Serve the chicken with the glazed apples on the side.